Onanong Kaewsomboon (Jang) was born and raised at Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand. She graduated from Nakhon Pathom Rajabhat University. She started her first job by working as a graphic designer in a company for 8 years before deciding to quit to dedicate her time to work on art that she loved. When Jang was still studying and working, she experienced with various art techniques. It was her turning point when she began to use black ink to draw without any planned thinking, models, or pre-sketches, resulting in a set of monochromatic artwork which has influenced her works these days. She named the set “Imperfection.”
4 years later, Jang exhibited the set of art and also named the exhibition “Imperfection.” It was held at The People Gallery, Bangkok Art & Culture Centre, Bangkok, Thailand. After the exhibition, she continued exhibiting some of the works from Imperfection at Drip Coffee in Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand.
Jang then had a chance to work with LIXIL (Thailand) Pub Co., Ltd. With LIXIL, she had her 3rd solo exhibition titled “Life is Art.” To be a way to help the society, an amount of money acquired from the exhibition was donated to The Chaipattana Foundation.
Jang has a deep bond with her family, her childhood life, and events that have happened in her life. These are the main factors and her inspirations which can be seen through her artistic works, bringing forth her 4th solo exhibition titled “SUFFER:SWEET”
As an artist, the most Jang expects is to create art without stopping. Thus, she dedicates her effort to art and never waits for a chance, but rather walks toward the chance by herself.
2002-2005 Visual Communication Art at NakhonPathom University
– “Imperfacetion” Solo Exhibition at Bangkok Art & Culture Centre
– “Miss Hua Hin” Solo Exhibition at Gallery Drip Coffee Hua Hin
– “Life is Art” Solo Exhibition @ Lixil Showroom, Crystal Design Center, Bangkok, Thailand
– Group Exhibition , Nan art festival, Nan Province, Thailand
– “Suffer:Sweet” Solo Exhibition at Li-bra-ly cafe The jam factory, Bangkok, Thailand
– Group Exhibition, Celebrating the 84th Birthday Anniversary of H.M. Queen Sirikit at River city, Bangkok, Thailand
– Unknown Asia Art exhange osaka 2016 Art Fair
– UNKNOWN ASIA EXTRA 「ASIAN ART EXCHANGE」
– Group Exhibition “ในหลวงในดวงใจ KING IN OUR HEART” 5 Dec 2016, River City Bangkok, Thailand
– Group Exhibition”Maozedung” at River City, Bangkok, Thailand
– Group Exhibition “Couple” by 956 at RCB Galleria, River City Bangkok